At Safe Haven Day Nursery we will work with children, parents/carers, external agencies and the community to ensure the welfare and safety of children and to give them the very best start in life. Children have the right to be treated with respect, be helped to thrive and to be safe from any abuse whatever form.
To do this, we will:
- Create an environment to encourage children to develop a positive self-image
- Encourage children to develop a sense of independence and autonomy in a way that is appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all children
- Always listen to children
- Provide an environment where practitioners are confident to identify where children and families may need intervention and seek the help they need
- Share information with other agencies as appropriate
The nursery aims to:
- Ensure that children are never placed at risk while in the charge of nursery staff and others located within the nursery, i.e. students and volunteers.
- Ensure that information is shared only with those people who need to know in order to protect the child and act in their best interest
- Ensure that students and volunteers feel confident and supported to share information so that staff can seek the help that the child may need
- Ensure that students and volunteers fully understand the safeguarding policy and procedure, and are then supported identify possible signs of abuse, understand what is meant by child protection
- Ensure that students keep the child at the centre of all we do